Monday, February 13, 2012

sensing a theme

I must be feeling tropical. I've started two new projects. A Pure and Simple V-neck sweater

And a pair of plain vanilla socks in Fortissima Mexiko Color

Both look like a day at the beach. Both have spend significant time in the frog pond. The yarn for the sweater is abit slippy, so I've had to pick up dropped stitches several times. And knit, frog, reknit rows to make sure the increase rate is the same. When I finally got a real rhythm going I realized I'd knit about 12 rows to many. So tink away. Now the sleeves are on waste yarn and fingers crossed smooth knitting from here on. The socks were almost to the toe decrease when I couldn't convince myself any longer that they would be big enough to survive the wash and still fit. You know that feeling.. something "just fits" and you know in your heart of hearts that won't be enough for the long run. But I knit on anyway. Until finally with it snuggly on my foot I realized it wouldn't end well. So rip it. CO a few more stitches and I feel much more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment