Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mossy

I finished my moss stitch ruffled edged shawl.

It was a great pattern from knitpicks. The moss stitch has a nice rhythm to it. I loved how the texture of the moss stitch makes it reversible. Instead of following the pattern directions for a ruffle I simple did a knit in front and back of every other stitch the first row, then did a couple of rows of stockingette then did a KFB of every stitch, a few more rows of stockingette, followed by 2 rows of garter stitch, then bind off. I have to admit it felt like making the ruffle was a never ending process, and the bind-off took forever. But the result was worth it. I will be making this shawl again for me. The first, test knit will be donated to my charity knitting group. Doesn't the end result look just a wee bit like the HRH shawl.

I finished another random yarn charity hat.

I was half way thru this project in a larger size when it was clear there wouldn't be enough yarn to finish. So I frogged and knit it as a baby hat. Clearly the downside of knitting with random stuff in stash. The unexpected yardage issue.

And finally. The weather is still warm to hot in MN, but you can feel the hint of fall in the air in the mornings and at night. Knowing what is to come makes one savor the flowers all the more.

No doubt a metaphor for life, but for now just a much enjoyed pot of geraniums.

No comments:

Post a Comment