Wednesday, August 17, 2011

warm weather knitting

No doubt a wiser woman would be knitting something airy our of cotton or silk on these warm August days, but that wouldn't be me. I just finished a pair of bulky mukluks to be donated to the local women's shelter, a lovely alpaca hat for chemo, a super bulky kids hat and a little hat out of the leftover mukluk yarn.


I didn't take pic's of the mukluks or chemo hat before dropping them off.
I just cast-on a kids hat out of some white wool-ease with sparkles. A perfect project for watching the season end of Masterchef. No "Real Housewives" or "Jersey Shore" kids for me. Just like to see people battling it out in the kitchen.

I'm still plodding along on the moss stitch shawl. I'm beginning to regret my decision to knit it in acrylic for charity to test out the pattern before tackling it in something less heavy duty, i.e. alpaca for me.

I just got a new GPS for the car. I'm driving to WY with my Aunt to help my other Aunt gear up for a down sizing move. It should be interesting. A house filled with so many memories and good intentions, i.e. a little hoarding. So and 11 hour drive then 2 weeks of purging and packing. Hopefully, more of the former and less of the latter. Since my Mother passed away this is one of those activities that passed down to me as eldest child. The moving Aunt has no children and has been widowed for many years. Lets just say it should be interesting.

So the question is what projects to take along for this adventure. Something that will calm my soul and not require a complex chart. Perhaps I will break out the moss stitch in nicer yarn and a simple pair of socks in something yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment