Monday, March 7, 2011

Entering the world of the web

After enjoying reading other people's blogs for years I decided to take the plunge and do a little rambling of my own. 

We're enjoying a glorious Florida morning. The incessant wind of the past week finally seems to have stopped.  Of course it stopped on a day I'm not golfing.  Although, I have to admit that hitting into the wind is an acceptable excuse for just about any bad shot.  Even if it's not the cause, everyone accepts that it is..gotta love it.

I've trying to expand my knitting skill set this year while participating in some stash busting.  So far I've knit two small lace shawls.  I'm working on a short row heeled sock, I've always been a heel flap kinda gal.  I know that this pattern is really not that difficult.  I know that the concept is clear.  I know that it can be done.  But right now it feels like I'm knitting into the wind.  I have done an excessive amount of frogging on this thing.  So, my excuse is the wind...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the "blogosphere"! I hear you about the short row heel socks. I'm pretty much a die hard heel flap kind a gal myself. I just prefer the way they feel on my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! And I am with you and Ev. I love my heel flaps. Not so sure about the short row thing. I have Fresh Breeze on the needles right now and they call for a short row heel. It did not feel intuitive at all as I knit through the first one.

    The first post is the hardest. Now you can just carry on. You are officially a blogger. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog-land! This is like a virtual street or square where we meeting people and sharing adventorous experiencies.
    Rosalía

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are a die hard heel flap girl wouldn't you be known as a flapper? :)

    ReplyDelete