Thursday, March 24, 2011

Motherbear


I enjoy knitting for the Motherbear project, a wonderful charity that gets hand knit or crocheted bears into the hands of children affected by AIDS/HIV in Africa. I belong to a group in MN and another in FL. The FL group has some devoted knitters, today for example one woman got her 100 bear pin, another brought in 50 completed bears, and a 3rd received pictures that the group leader had spotted on-line of children in Africa holding bears she had knit. How cool is that! Last month the group did theme bears, in African soccer team colors..here's a few

Today at the bears group I started my "something new". I've never knit in the round on two circular needles. Decided it was time I give it a try.

And finally, since I'm into posting nature pic's these days. Here is a shot of the alligator in the pond just off the tee box. Needless to say if I'd hit an errant shot I would not have thought about going after it.

1 comment: