Wednesday, March 9, 2011

new to me

I was listening to the Knitmore Girls podcast last night, my new can't fall asleep tv alternative, and she was talking about doing something new everyday.   I think I'll try that a form of that too.  It doesn't have to be something as grand as take up synchronized swimming, just something new to you.  So, I'm thinking that if I try something new, i.e. different at least once a month that would be good enough.  With that in mind  tip toeing into the blog-o-sphere would be new for this week.   But, it was suggested that photo might make it easier to blog as well as make the blog interesting and I'd have to to agree.  I enjoy looking at pic's of peoples knitting, their pets, and what ever in-sundry other stuff they include.   My next new to me thing will be taking some pictures and figuring out how to include them here. 

Of course I have to admit that with my occasional senior moments what is "new to me" may get repetative.  I spent 9 holes wondering what had happened to my sunglasses only to find them stuck on my visor when I went to put it away.  Seems that I put them there when I made my traditional "pit stop" before the round.  A wiser person probably wouldn't admit that to the world, but sometimes ya' just gotta laugh at yourself. 

On the other end of the spectrum, my DD2 just figured out how to get to the airport, make hotel reservations, find a shuttle,  and the related activities on her own.   As a college kid these are new to her tasks and clearly demonstrate that she is tip toeing into the world of independent grown-up tasks.  She graduates from college this year and is going out to CO for a grad school interview later this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment