Sunday, May 8, 2011

and now for something completely different.

So here's something completely new and different to me.

It's the start of a "Turkish Bed Sock", a pattern from Churchmouse Classics. It's new to me first because its a really short sock, no cuff at all. And because it starts out as a flat knit. Yep, you cast on 42 stitches and knit flat. It has a kind of origami look to it. The picture on the pattern is clearly labeled with each segment of the sock. It's interesting, it doesn't take much yarn, so seems like a nice to have for when you don't want to wear tall socks or when you have a small amount of great yarn.

BTW that's not the case with this yarn, I have 2 skeins. I bought it to knit a baby sweater for charity. I am confident that even after knitting the socks I will have enough for a newborn sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment