Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Feel good day

I had the opportunity to help package meals for the organization Feed My Starving Children this morning. What an amazing organization! One of the women from the Tues. Charity Knitting group organized a group of 15. So we bagged food in the am, then met for lunch and knitting at the local Culver's. What a great feeling.
I didn't bring my camera since we were working in a "clean room". The gentlemen who orientated us said that since so many of the kids getting the meals have weakened immune systems it was really important to keep the room clean..so hairnets, no gum, etc.

Finished the first of the Turkish Bed socks, like the pattern don't like the yarn...for socks. 100% acrylic sock yarn, talk about hot smelly feet. I'll use the rest of the yarn for a baby sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment