Wednesday, July 6, 2011

After the 4th

We had a wonderful weekend at the cabin. The Fourth of July was as it should be. The weather was hot. There were lots of folks around. Fireworks. Floating in the water. A fish fry. Volleyball games. Beer was consumed. Cards were played. Baseball was watched.

Friends and neighbors caught up. And amazingly there was knitting and some Netfix watching too. It's no doubt because of baseball and Netflix that there was knitting. Since we watched all of the episodes of the BBC dramedy Doc Martin we needed to find something new. This weekend we squeezed in all 7 episodes of a charming little one season show...Monday,Monday. An office type show with a female lead. DD2 and I enjoyed it.

As for knitting. I made progress on my Pure and Simple summer cardigan. Knit with Plymouth Jeanne.

I think I'll like the finished sweater. Like all P & S patterns its a simple quick knit. The yarn is nice, but since it doesn't have much give its a little hard on my wrists if I knit with it for very long.

I found the greatest yarn holder.

It is a pillow sham wrapper from Target. It has a zipper around the top and a cut out on the top front corner. The cut out is no doubt so you can feel the fabric without having to open the package. The yarn can feed out the cut out. Keeps the project clean. I bought two shams on clearance for the cabin and the packaging was an unexpected bonus.

The Amiga sweater is finished and seamed. Just need a great shawl pin.

On the car ride to and from the lake I made a cowl for charity using some mystery boucle. Not enough for a scarf, so I knit the short row triangle scarf pattern and seamed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment