Tuesday, April 12, 2011

wise moves

So my something "new" is actually the implementation of something I've known about and should have been doing all along. I have been diligent about making sure my DD's and DH have back-up drives. I've encouraged them to use them. I am well aware of what can happen if you don't. But until last week, when a horribly slow start up on my trusty years old ibook painfully reminded me of how close it was to giving up what I would lose if it did, I had not backed up my own stuff. Now I am the proud owner of a red portable hard drive with 500 GB of memory. I have successfully backed up both of the apple laptops I use regularly. I'm feelin' pretty good about the whole thing.

I have restarted the baby sweater. Just about to split off for the sleeves. Not excited about it at all. Will wait to take pic's until its done. No further progress on my cardi. Still love that pattern. The designer has posted several more she's working on, quite tempting for future projects.

I find myself looking seriously at all the new shawl patterns being posted on Ravelry. Yet, I never wear nor have I ever worn a shawl. But here I sit thinking if I start one and knit very fast I could have it done to throw over my shoulders at the spring wedding we're going to. Does that silliness ever happen to anyone but me.

Of course, I also found my self thinking when I saw them on someone's golf cart...oh how fun, fun fur knit golf head covers. I could make those.

Some day's it really is an effort to remember just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment