Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Today is brought to you by the letter F

F is for fall.


What a beautiful sight! Fall colors reflected on a still MN lake. What you don't see is that the temp was in the high 60's.....and it got even warmer.

F is for friend, a dear friend began chemo on Friday for recently diagnosed breast cancer.

F is for finished objects. So DD's and I are trying to supply her with a variety of hats. DD2 whipped up 2 before her first chemo. I finished 2 over the weekend. The family dog is a reluctant model.


The purple is Berroco Comfort Sock yarn. A free slouchy hat pattern from Ravelry. The orange is Caron Simply Soft, the Pumpkin Beanie also free from Ravelry. She always wears a pumpkin beanie on Halloween so it seemed perfect that she should have a knit pumpkin for her no hair days.

And finally

Another I love Moss Stitch shawl, this one out of Joann Fabrics Sublime. I started knitting this for her the day I found out she was going to have a biopsy. She is allergic to wool, hence all the knits with no natural fiber. I figure this is not a time to take any chances with irritating her skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment