Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekend Wedding

We drove from MN to SD for a family wedding. That's alot of car time and alot of sitting around "visiting" with family. So I did quite a bit of knitting, not during the wedding but I was tempted. As a result I made great progress on my Amiga. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amiga-2


If you only like to knit challenging lace or cables this is not the project for you. But if you like to have some mindless knitting for times you know you'll be interrupted or can't fuss with a pattern or chart this is a great project. I think it will be a very wearable sweater for times you just need a little something.

As for the wedding, it was nice. The bride was beautiful, the groom was handsome. The flowers included lilacs, something I've not seen before. We enjoyed one another's company...always a plus when hanging around with family you rarely see. Since I don't feel comfortable posting other peoples pictures without their permission I'll just post this one

Sis and Bro-in-law's corgi and HUGE cat wrestle and play all the time. It's a hoot to watch them chase around. The cat always lets the corgi win. You know he does, because clearly the cat could exit the area at any point.

In the works..more of my Amiga and a KAL for the organization Bundles of Love. For June we are doing the Maile baby sweater, also found on Ravelry. The sweater is darling. Just a little bit of lace, bottom up, raglan sleeve. This actually counts as something new for me. I've never done a raglan sleeve construction from the bottom up before.

No comments:

Post a Comment